Signs of damage
What are signs of mold in my home?
– Sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion
– Red eyes, skin rashes
– Musty smell
– Greenish black areas or spots on walls
– Slimy textures
What are signs of asbestos in my home?
Here are a few signs that you may have asbestos in your home…
– Dry cough, shortness of breath, chest pain
– If your home is built before 1980, old floor tiles, ceiling tiles, and roof shingles may contain asbestos.
– It is recommended to have a professional collect and test the sample.
What are signs of lead in my home?
– Pre 1978 home
– The older the home the more likely it is to have lead-based paint
– Chips and dust from lead based paint can be hazardous
– You can have your home tested for lead by contacting your local EPA agency for information on testing your home 1-800-424-LEAD
What damage occurs from water?
What damage occurs from fire?
Not only does fire cause damage from heat and smoke, fire can cause enormous damage from water. For instance, a sprinkler system going off in rooms that did not have a flame. The structural integrity of your home may be affected from the fire – roofs and floors.
What should I do to prevent mold growth in my home?
Common sources of moisture are:
- Roof leaks
- Indoor plumbing leaks
- Outdoor drainage problems
- Damp basements and crawl spaces
- Steam from the bathroom or kitchen
- Condensation on cool surfaces
- Wet clothes drying inside the home
- A clothes dryer venting indoors
- Poor or improper ventilation of heating and cooking appliances
What should I do when damage occurs?
Your insurance company and NYTDR will talk you through the steps after damage.
Here are a few tips…
– Do your best to stop the source of water, and to soak up the standing water.
– Do not enter a home damaged by fire, unless the fire department says it is okay.
– Request a copy of the fire report from your fire department. This report will provide helpful information to your insurance company and restoration company
– Document the damage by taking pictures of the affected areas and items.
– Do not throw anything away.
Do I have to hire a professional to clean up the damage?
Do I have to use the restoration company my insurance company recommends?
ABOUT NYTDR Services
We have a remarkable Team in New York City home restoration and construction services. Our passion for home restoration coupled with our
How much does a typical remediation cost?
How long does a remediation take?
How are homeowners insurance claims paid?
In most instances, an insurance adjuster will inspect the damage to your home and offer you a certain sum of money for repairs, based on the terms and limits of your homeowners policy. The first check you get from your insurance company is often an advance against the total settlement amount, not the final payment.
Let's work together
NYTDR will work with your Insurance Directly
to get you the most for your insured property damage
Complete Insurance Claim Management
Fire & Water Damage ‧ Mold Remediation ‧ Asbestos & Lead ‧ All Abatement ‧ Total Renovation.
1115 Broadway Ave., New York NY 10010
Complete Insurance Claim Management – Fire & Water Damage – Mold Remediation Asbestos & Lead Abatement – Total Renovation
The first thing we will restore is your peace of mind.
Please Call Us First. 212-206-1300