No one plans for water damage in their home, and its furthest away for New Yorkers – especially if you live in either a penthouse, condo, or co-op. Dealing with restoration, along with renovating in NYC, is like no other place in the world – NYTDR can help! Here are some tips to help.
- Place wood blocks or aluminum foil between furniture legs and wet carpet so that it will stay in place
- Do not leave colored items on the wet carpet or floors like books and magazines
- Do not turn on any appliances like a TV or ceiling fan and shut off any electronics if they were affected by water
- Disinfect anything that came into contact with the water
- Open all doors and windows to improve ventilation
- Use a wet vacuum, fans, dehumidifiers, and desiccants to help dry out your home
- Make a specific list of the damage that was caused by water damage and take pictures
- Check your insurance to see what is covered
- Do your research & hire trustworthy experts to refurbish your apartment successfully
Regardless of the severity of damage your home has suffered, take a deep breath. Call NYTDR for a NO OBLIGATION (Free) consultation to take a look at your home damage. Don’t be afraid to reach out if you have any questions, send us an email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 202-206-1300. We look forward to seeing you!